There they are standing at attention just like a modern day military invasion force. They have arrived and this is a warning to anyone that may read this; you may find them anywhere near that your eye may happen to wander; along a busy city thoroughfare or dotted through the countryside. They are a quiet group, yet quite forceful, demanding hardly anything yet giving display of their strength to all that encounter them.
You may notice if a close inspection is given that there are some that have been performing their stately duties for many years, serving next to the new recruits; a mixture of experience and raw energy. No matter the time or season each one is dedicated to doing their duty and because of that there are quite many people that have been helped out greatly. I believe that this is a rouse, a distant thought enters my thoughts, are they trying to communicate with me in some silent, ominous way.
On a quiet Saturday morning I was taking a trip; the traffic around me was moving very slowly, if it could go any slower I could walk to my destination get what I needed and then walk back to my vehicle before the light changed to give this line the open door that was needed to continue along.
It was during this time those helpful servants caught my eye, and the thought occurred to me as to why I hadn’t noticed this crew before. I dismissed the thought and focused on what my ocular orbs were taking in.
Four of them stood off to my right side, they almost seemed as giants, their arms outstretched to each side, reaching into the air. They had no hands to grasp with, yet each one held something where hands should have been. Metal tags were fastened to their bodies as medals given for varied acts of service. A blank stare met my eyes causing me to begin to worry about what I was seeing.
A quick examination of the surrounding area revealed that their disguises were being removed and their true identity was being made known to me. A dozen of them are grouped together, standing around as if a huddle for the leading football team; planning their next play. I see an array of weapons strapped to their shoulders and the leader of the group has a long whip in what should be a hand. He cracks the whip and they begin to move.
Flashing my headlights at the first sheriff deputy I saw failed to get his attention. This was a great matter of life and death and I had to get the warning out. It was unclear why no one else was seeing what was going on in our community. Perhaps I had stumbled upon a secret switch alongside the road that allowed me to see what was going on. Nevertheless, it was my duty as a citizen to warn my fellow suburbanites of the impending danger we were all facing.
The 911 operator hung up on me when an effort was made to report this strange happening, but, not before giving me a stern warning about making prank calls.
Surely the local newspaper would be interested in what was happening here. All that the reporter kept saying was, “I see, I see,” it was obvious that he did not see.
My family had to know what was going on, and so I made my way to their house to let them know what I had discovered. Surely when I told them that the world had been invaded by aliens from another world and that they had been here for some time disguised as…
I know that it was true, that it had happened to me just as I said it had, when I arrived near my sister’s house I discovered that they were encamped about her house and when I tried to make it to the front door the leader shot a bright ray from the single eye that extended from his body causing me to lapse into a state of obliviousness.
My sister says that since the incident at Troopers Market I have not been right in the head. I pointed out the aliens to her and my doctors and they tell me that those are just phone and light poles. I tried to tell them that was just their disguise and that the aliens are just waiting for the right time to take over. Dr. Mon says the meds will help, I think they are in cahoots with the aliens. Why do I think that?
I can see them from my small window; I saw the leader look directly at me with his one bright eye.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading this post, would you like to leave a comment?